Friday, October 10, 2008

One month

Today marks the one month anniversary of the gift of Daxtons new heart. My heart is overwhelmed with emotions at this time. We have been so blessed and their isn't a moment of my day that I am not grateful and humbled by this. This also marks a sad anniversary for this sweet family that gave us new life. To them I express my sincere heartfelt gratitude. Their will never be enough words to express to them everything that I feel.

I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father and Saviour who I know have been with me every single step of the way. I have felt their power and heard the whisperings and calmings of the spirit. Without these this would have been a much much harder and longer journey.

I am also so grateful to the many wonderful angels that have helped us along the way. all of the wonderful nurses, Mary O., Peggy, Lauren, Susan, Tracey, Caroline, Kelly, Angie, Julie, Kim, Shauna, Pamela, Kathy and so many many others. Also the paliative care group, they are amazing and I am so grateful that someone recommended them to us they have helped us in so many ways. I am so grateful to Joy for helping my girls make it through this also, she is a wonderful person.

I have been so priveladged to meet some of the neatest heart moms, Bryt, Angie, Holly, Jessica, Deanna, Shauntelle, etc, all of us in the sewing circle. God brought our hearts together to help lift the load for eachother. I want to give a special thank you to Shauntelle, she is my personal guardian angel. Whenever I needed to talk or I was having a hard day she was there. She laid the path for transplant moms, Thank you. I am grateful for Intermountain Healing Hearts. They have been amazing!! Mike, Rebecca, Carolyn, thank you so much for always thinking of us and keeping us in your prayers.

And mostly I am thankful to my family and friends for the love, prayers, food, faith, special fasts, etc. Thank you for helping us get through this. I want to let you all know of the amazing mom and mother-in-law that I have. They have been my rock, they have stayed at the hospital with me so I could get some sleep, they have taken over for me with my girls so that they could have some stablility, they have cleaned my house, done my laundry, brought me treats, cried with me. I love you both so much.

Last but never ever least my sweet husband. His true colors have shown. He has risen to every occasion. He has grown in every aspect, he has more faith, a stronger testimony in the Saviour, he is a better father and a better husband. He is amazing. Their isn't anyone else in the world I would rather have gone through this with than him. I love you my E. Boyfriend.

This has been an amazing journey, thank you for always being their with us. We are so excited for the next chapters.

5 comments:

Leslie Jordan said...

Excited to see you have a blog now. Love keeping in touch with you this way. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Omg! Your blog made me cry! I loved it. Now your going to have to teach me how to blog. Thanks for being so nice...I hope yall will want to hang out once we move there. We had fun getting to know yall. Keep in touch
Angie

The Hood's said...

The blog looks great. It's nice to put faces to you guys since we've never met. We are so happy for you guys and glad that Daxton is doing well! Our Heavenly Father is truly merciful! Congrats on the one month anniversary!
Gary, Camille, Sam and Alex-IHH Family

Juliann said...

Glad you guys are blogging. Love it!

Mp said...

I'm so excited you have started a blog! With as much love and good care from you guys, Daxton is truly in the best of hands! We are just so happy to see how far he has come in such a short time, with his new heart. Our prayers are always with you guys. If you ever need me...you have my phone number and e-mail don't hesitate to get a hold of me.

With many prayers,
Mike Patton & Family
IHH-VP