Sunday, October 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Ellie Belly!!

Things have been going really well. My sweet little Elizabeth had her 3rd birthday on Monday. She was so excited! It was so fun to focus on just her, being the middle child she doesn't get that a lot. She is so wonderful and so full of spirit. I just love her. Monday night we had a little celebration and we had the grandparents come over for some cake. It was pretty funny because everyone was wearing gowns and masks. It was a very funny site. Everyone was good sports.

Last Sunday we went on our first family outing with all of us. We went on a walk up in the mountains. It was a beautiful fall day, perfect weather. I felt so blessed to be able to have all of my children with me. Ryan laughed at me because I started crying, heh, you just have to relish every moment.

Daxton continues to do well. We are still progressing on the feeding. We try to give him about 40 cc's and he usually only drinks about 10 then we have to gavage the rest. I have a feeling this will be a long process, but that is ok, we can do it. He had a couple of his meds switched, he is no longer on Cellcept(anti-regection med) now he is on Imuran. It does the same thing but doesn't have the stomach side effects. He is also all the way off of his methadone. Ya!! This has been a 6 week taper. It is good to be off the narcotics.

Ryan finally started back at work, so it is just me and the kids. It has been crazy but oh so good. I love it. It is nice to be the mommy again. Ryan also just switched schedules at work, he now works 4/10's he has mon, thurs, sunday off. Which is so perfect for us because mon and thurs are Daxtons clinic days. It has definatly been an answer to pray. So things are going great we are loving our crazy life. I am trying to enjoy every moment. Thanks for checking in on us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, just wanted to say hey and I know it's a little late but tell your little one Happy Birthday!
Angie

Juliann said...

So glad things are going well for you guys. I miss you!! Feels like I haven't seen you in so long.

The Andersens said...

i didn't know you had a BLOG!!! yay for you!!!
no more signing in to check on you guys!!!
i'm glad things are going well for you guys and i just love your little daxton man!!
so precious.
sending prayers your way
the andersens