Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sick?

Monday we had clinic, every clinic day he gets labs drawn and they check for a lot of things, including infection. On monday he had an elevated white blood count. So they were concerned so they did more labs so they could see what they were dealing with. So far nothing has grown out on the test, which is good but confusing. For the past two nights he has just been miserable, not sleeping well and waking up just very unhappy. So today I called cardiology and they sent me to my pediatrician. He did a lot of the same tests, his ears and throat look good, so it is not that, and all of the tests they did today look better than the ones on Monday. So basically we are all confused. I am thinking that it might be his feeding schedule, we are trying so hard to get him to where he needs to be feeding wise, but it is a slow process. Any way just wanted to give a little update on where we are at. We have clinic again tomorrow so we shall see.

I have a special request. There is a sweet little baby girl named Mia who is waiting so patiently for a new heart. It has been about three months of waiting. If you could all add her to your prayers I would be so grateful. Just pray that someone says "yes". I believe in the power of prayer and faith and know that with God's help nothing is impossible. Thank you so so much.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Oh, I hope that he is not sick--he does not need that. Neither do you.
Will you tell me what your email is again...I forgot it. mine is deanna_gourley@byu.edu

Mp said...

I hope that things get better soon...we continue to pray for his health and wellness. Brinley missed your cute girls at the movie Saturday! We will says some extra prayers for the little girl waiting for a new heart.

With many prayers,
Mike

barrettandaudrey said...

I hope he gets over it soon, poor baby. It always breaks my heart when babies are sick!