Saturday, October 18, 2008

We're Home!!

We were released yesterday from the hospital. We got home around 5 pm. I really like being home. It feels better this time, if that is possible. Daxton is doing really well, he is back to his cute smiling happy self. Our hurdle we are working on now is getting him to eat. He will drink about 10 cc's and then just cries, so then we have to gavage feed the rest. Gavage is where you put his formula in a syringe connected to his feeding tube and hold it up high so gravity will take it to his stomach. We will get there. Oh, I forgot to tell you that he is off of oxygen!! It is so awesome. He came off of it Wednesday and is doing really well, I am sure it is a lot easier to breath without all of that fluid on his lungs.

This has been one of the most emotionally draining weeks of my life, with Daxton back in the hospital and my Uncles passing. I have truly felt your prayers and felt strength from so many people. Thank you for your love for my family. I know that love will be returned to you. Thank you, Much love, Hilary

8 comments:

Deanna said...

I'm so happy that you are home and that Daxton is doing so great!! Off oxygen is amazing!! I really hope that things continue to go well for you guys and that you won't end up back in the PICU any time soon.

The Hood's said...

So glad you guys made it home! What a relief to be off of the oxygen too! Sounds like you're really on the mend! Hope all continues to go well for you guys!
Gary, Camille, Sam and Alex-IHH Family

Mindi said...

Yeah! Happy homecoming. Big scares, but bigger victories. Go Dax!

Mindi and McKay

Leslie Jordan said...

So happy you're home and doing well. You're amazing . . . and strong . . . an amazing . . . and strong . . .

Love you.

Liz said...

It is so good that you guys are back home! We hope everything keeps going well for you!

Pace, Liz and Kairi Abbott

The Simmons Family said...

Daxton is adorable! I may be calling you soon for some insight on the whole transplant process for Owen. If he is a canidate and there is nothing else they can do, I hope to come to Utah for his transplant. I lived in South Jordan for 10 yrs and graduated from Bingham High. I have such a HUGE support system in Salt Lake and it just feels right. I've actually followed Daxton via your carepage for a while and am so grateful that he is home and doing so well. He is such a miracle and blaessing!

Enjoy having him home!!

Andrea

♥ Michele ♥ said...

It was good to see you again the other day at PCMC. Glad to see you are HOME. Good luck to you.

barrettandaudrey said...

I am so happy you are home, we are praying for you!!!